One of the foundations of a strong tourism industry is the historical aspect of Roswell and its numerous cotton mills and national parks as well as its cultural attractions. There are a number of trails and paths that follow the rivers and tributaries amidst pristine nature and historical buildings.Real estate and construction are two of the top industries that drive the economy here besides retail and services. Among the other suburbs that encircle Atlanta, Roswell is one of the ones that support an affluent and dynamic neighborhood. Construction in the post recession period has begun to pick up giving way to small and large contractor throughout the building value chain an opportunity at prosperity.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Roswell, GA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Roswell is humid for most of the year, with the summer months more humid than the rest of the year, typical of a subtropical climate. Summer months, which fall between May and September, experience temperatures between 78º and 87º. August experiences the highest temperature. Rainfall is highest during the cooler months of December and January. Fall temperatures average a high of 85° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 51° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Roswell, GA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Roswell, GA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Roswell’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area that is now Roswell was once inhabited by Cherokee Indians who referred to the area as the enchanted land. The Chattahoochee River, or to the Indians, called River of the Painted Rock, was off limits to the incoming Europeans as it was deemed sacred by the tribes. The treaties signed between the existing tribes and the Europeans were soon broken in the wake of gold discoveries and the sacred land was soon breached. However, the Cherokee Nation did make an attempt to coexist peacefully and adapt to the visitor’s ways. But it was not successful. The Georgia legislature decided to declare the Cherokee Nation illegal, and forcibly took their land in the hopes of possessing the gold in the ground.Roswell is steeped in the history of the South and of cotton. The creek that snakes through Roswell was the inspiration to Roswell King who envisioned cotton mills in the area powered by the flowing water, adjacent to the rich soil ideal for cotton trees. His mill was eventually the largest in Georgia. What was also brought were the slaves to build the infrastructure for the mill, the housing and plant the fields as well. This introduced the Geechee culture to the North Georgia area. Some of the famous residents in the area include King, himself, other plantation investors and developers of the area like Archibald Smith and the Bulloch family – the maternal ancestors of President Teddy Roosevelt.
Places to Eat Near Roswell Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Roswell, GA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Vin25 on Plum Tree St.: This is an upscale restaurant that is by no means snooty. They are open for dinner, starting with cocktails at 5pm and have a full bar, with a wide selection of wine and spirits. The sommelier has done an exquisite job of wine selection and the chef’s accomplishment in matching every bottle to the menu is brilliant.
- Brookwood Grill on Holcomb Bridge Rd.: Brookwood is a comfortable place to have a decent meal and enjoy drinks later. From steaks to French onion soup, they serve generous portions and a twist to each recipe that makes even the most classic of menus come alive. Try the Scallops with Sweet Mashed Potato.
- Osteria Mattone on canton St.: Osteria is an Italian restaurant that serves certain specialties better than the regular menu. They are famous for their Risotto Balls and Veal Meatballs. Try the Salted Caramel for dessert.
- Fickle Pickle on Canton St.: The restaurant serves a mix of deli favorites and southern recipes. They combine Southern staples like Fried Green Tomatoes in a BLT to get a fusion that is well received by the regulars. They open for lunch at 11am and close after dinner at 8pm except on Sunday and Monday, when they close at 3pm.
- Table & Main on Canton St.: This is a Southern restaurant that specializes in fancy dinners. They are on the expensive side of budgets and serve the same southern favorites as a typical hole in the wall, except they do it with a lot of polish and style. Try the Shrimp & Grits with the She Crab Soup.
Things to Do in Roswell
Stepping out of your Roswell, GA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Michael C Carlos Museum of Emory University located on campus on S Kilgo Circle has a large collection focused on Egyptology. There are numerous displays and sense that add to the narration of the history that is well documented by the University’s activities. There are a number of authentic sarcophagi in their collection.
- Wildlife: The Chestatee Wildlife Preserve located on the Old Dahlonega Hwy. It is not as extensive as a typical State run zoo but the preserve is well maintained and allows a closer proximity to the animals. They are kept in enclosures that closely resemble their original habitat.
- Golf: The Country Club of Roswell, located on Club Springs Drive is a fast playing 18-hole professionally designed course that is open from 7:30 am to 9pm. There is an extensively stocked clubhouse and a pool with poolside dining.
Whatever your reason for visiting Roswell, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Roswell, GA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Roswell area including Alpharetta, Mountain Park, Johns Creek, Sandy Springs, Atlanta Metro.