Sacramento CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
While mining and agriculture are important mainstays of the local economy, these areas are being actively converted to give way to IT, technology and hospitality. Companies such as HP and Intel are in Sacramento now and that is considered to be a positive move in terms of rejuvenating the city.
The inland port that is reached by a 43 mile channel is a major cargo hub where rail and shipping meet. Goods coming in on the Southern Pacific Transportation arrive at the Sacramento port bound for International destinations. The cargo is usually agriculture products including grain, vegetables and rice, but also includes meat, sugar, fruits and almonds.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Sacramento, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Sacramento Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Sacramento and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Sacramento, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Sacramento economy is still trying to find its footing in the post recession years. There is an anemic growth that is barely keeping up with inflation which means, in terms of real growth, there is none. In terms of the economic drivers, Sacramento is driven by local government spending and transportation. There is also a temporary boom in construction spending, which will taper of in the next few years.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Sacramento, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Sacramento experiences a typical Mediterranean climate with temperatures that are cool in the winter and warm during the rest of the year. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 71°F in April and 80°F in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 92°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 77° in October, then cools to lows averaging 42° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid to upper 30s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Sacramento, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Sacramento, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Sacramento’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The area was inhabited by various Indian tribes prior to western colonization. These inhabitants dated back a few thousand years and thought to be the Nisenan and Plains Miwok tribes. Archeologists are still trying to learn more about these people.
The first Europeans to arrive in the area were the Spanish. It was Gabriel Moraga, the Spanish explorer, who mapped and named the river and the valley in the 18th century. Those names still survive today. Sacramento, is Spanish for the Holy Sacrament and it was name thus because of the pristine nature of the area when the Spanish arrived that it resembled partaking of the Catholic Sacrament of the Eucharist.
It wasn't until 1839 that John Sutter, a Swiss native, arrived with some settlers in the area and set up trading colonies as well as built Sutter's Fort. Sutter started the agricultural heritage of the area when he set out and planted fruit trees in the mid 1800s. Just on the perimeter of his property the first gold strike occurred in 1848 that gave rise to the gold rush of 49. The gold was discovered by James Marshall and he found it at Sutter's Mill. The population explosion that followed that find was the spark that lit the growth of the area surrounding Sutter's Mill.
Places to Eat Near Sacramento Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Sacramento, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- The Kitchen Restaurant on Hurley Way: This is Chef Noah's signature restaurant and the high prices here reflect that. The menu is stacked with hand crafted dishes, flavored lightly and presented extravagantly. Weekends are busy and reservations are recommended. They are closed on Monday and Tuesday and open for dinner until 11.30 on other days. Try the Wagyu Beef Rib Eye.
- Starbread on Natomas Crossing Dr.: This is a bakery with a Spanish/Filipino twist. The rolls and bread are baked fresh throughout the day and are filled with tasty ingredients. They are open from 7am to 7pm daily, and are great for any time you need a sandwich. Try the Señorita bread.
- Cafe Rolle on H St: This cafe gives a French slant to an otherwise American dining experience. They are open at 11 for lunch and again at 5.30 for dinner, but closed on Sundays and Mondays. Try their Salmon Sandwich that is highly praised by the locals. Also, try the Croque Monsieur. Prices are moderate.
- The Coconut Midtown on J St.: The Coconut midtown is an authentic Thai restaurant that serves meals in a hurry for less than ten bucks. The usual Thai menu is served up in a typical, simple atmosphere that is clean and not always crowded. The favorites here are the sticky rice with mango and the drunken noodles.
- Sunrise Chinese Restaurant on Mack Rd: This is a typical sub-$10 Chinese restaurant that has a good take away service and food that is tasty and simple. There is no MSG here and they are crowded for lunch and dinner. Try the Orange Chicken from the ala carte menu. Portions are large and the service is friendly.
Places to Go in Sacramento
Stepping out of your Sacramento, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Sacramento, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Sacramento, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Sacramento Zoo: Located in W Land Park Drive, the zoo is one of the most famous in the state and in the country. it houses a wide array of tropical, subtropical species, all housed in individual habitats that resemble the species' original conditions.
- Museums: The Crocker Art Museum is an internationally acclaimed institution that promotes the arts in the Sacramento area. It is one of the longest operating art museums in the country, and even longer in the western part of the nation. The exhibitions are always fresh, incorporating existing collections and touring collections.
- Performing Arts Theater: The B Street Theater is a nonprofit organization that adapts a number of performances and uses young actors as its highlight. They are located on B St. The theater was erected in 1986 by Timothy Busfield and is one of the most talked about theaters in Sacramento today.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Sacramento area including Davis, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Vacaville.
Request a Quote