Salem OR Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
We serve the entire Salem area including Monmouth, Stayton, Silverton, Amity, Dallas.
Salem OR corporate housing by Almost Home is an outstanding housing choice for all who require short-term rentals but do not wish to grapple with leases, furniture moving, utility hook ups and much more. Inquire today about how one of our Salem furnished apartments can meet your needs.
Almost Home recommends the following summary information about the Salem OR metro area as a way to familiarize our potential temporary housing clients with the area.
Getting to Know the Area Around Salem OR Corporate Housing
Though it is the state capital, Salem is not the bustling metropolis that Portland is. This is a small, friendly town that sits halfway between Portland, which is the commercial capital of the state, and Eugene, in the south. Most of Salem lies east of the Willamette River and is home to 150,000 people who mostly live and work within the city. Salem is a one-hour drive south of Portland, which allows residents to easily connect to the rest of the world with its Airports and shipping ports.
Salem OR Business Environment
The largest employer in the city is the state government. However, Salem is also a hub for the massive agricultural produce of the Willamette Valley that is then transported up to Portland for shipping or, at times down to California along I-5 that runs right through the city. Additionally, the following educational institutions reside in Salem: Chemeketa Community College, Corban University, Eastern Oregon University, Oregon State University, Portland State University, Tokyo International University of America, Western Oregon University, and Willamette University.
Weather to Prepare for When Stepping out of Your Salem Furnished Apartment
The weather here is typical of the Pacific Northwest. The winters here are damp and mild and the summers are dry and cool. There is snowfall every year in the winter and the temperature only dips to about 35°F in January. After that, the mercury climbs to about the 60s in April and to about the low 80s in July before it tapers back down to a comfortable 60s in the fall. Always keep a jacket with you in your car or a sweater. Also, keep a waterproof jacket in the car so that you don't get wet if it sprinkles a little, especially in the summer or fall. So, enjoy venturing out of your furnished apartment and taking in the great outdoors in this beautiful area.
Places to Eat in Salem, OR
There are many good options to grab a bite in this town. There is an array of cuisines that can be sampled. Our Salem corporate apartments have completely furnished kitchens; nevertheless, clients still do wish to enjoy dining out from time to time.
- Bentley's Grill on Liberty St SE: From Artisan pizzas to Seafood Martini where Gulf Shrimp are paired with crab meat and pickled ginger, this place has numerous dining delights.
- Word of Mouth Bistro at 17th St NE: There is a breakfast and lunch and dinner menu at this establishment. Greet your day with a simple traditional breakfast of Biscuits and Gravy or Chicken Fried Steak. If you like sweet breakfasts, try the Buttermilk Pancakes. As for the lunch menu, try the Caramelized Onion Patty Melt. You may also want to try the Maralago Turkey Burger.
- Jonathan's on High St SE: This restaurant celebrates the taste and splendor of the south by serving up delicious Cajun dishes. They blend the fresh local produce of the region with the culinary heritage of the deep South and that results in an experience that is astounding. Your choices will be numerous and difficult. Should you have the Seafood Gumbo or the Jambalaya? Steamer Clams or Seafood Stew? Pork Wild Wings or Steak Skewers?
- French Press on Commercial St SE: You will find every breakfast meal here and they are all good, from Breakfast Crepes to bagels. For lunch, the best thing here is the Croque Monsieur or the Veggie Medley.
Things to do in Salem
Choosing Salem OR corporate housing is the best lodging choice one can make. Get out and enjoy the town while you are here.
- Performing Arts: Amidst the various performing arts centers in the Portland-Salem-Eugene area, you will find a number of great shows to take in. There will always be entertainment for you to enjoy here, and to appreciate you temporary housing. Try the theater at the Salem State University and also the Elsinore Theater on High St SE. There is also the Willamette University Theater on State St.
- Malls: There is the Highland Plaza in Trader's Way. You can also head over to Salem Center on Center St NE.
- Golf: There is the Oga Golf Course, located on Hazelnut Dr., the Chehalem Glenn Golf Course on E Fernwood Rd., and the Langdon Farms Golf Club on Aurora Rd.
Request a Quote