Santa Clarita CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
In terms of business, Santa Clarita is home to healthcare and medical research as well, with companies such as Quest Diagnostics having their headquarters here. Aerospace is also represented in this city. In terms of employment, the largest industries include services which account for more than 40% of the total income generated by employees, followed by retail trade that holds 24%. Manufacturing, finance, construction, and wholesale come in with 10%, 7%, 6% and 5% respectively.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Santa Clarita, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Santa Clarita Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Santa Clarita and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Santa Clarita, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Being one of the satellite cities to Los Angeles, Santa Clarita is the third largest city, behind LA and Long Beach, in the Los Angeles County area and the top 20th largest city in all of California. Its geographic location and size make it an important city in the development and prosperity of Los Angeles as well as the state as a whole.
Santa Clarita is home to a tourist population that is centered on the Six Flags Magic Mountain theme park. Its tourism industry is also supported by the Princess Cruises headquarters located downtown. There are numerous hotels, inns and bed and breakfasts that cater to not just the visitors to the city but to visitors that come in to LA itself.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Santa Clarita, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Santa Clarita experiences a Mediterranean climate that is typically humid. Spring is mild with temperatures between 74°F in April and 79° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 84°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 82° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 39° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the 30s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Santa Clarita, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Santa Clarita, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Santa Clarita’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The area traces its history back to 500 AD when it was inhabited by the Tataviam people. They are considered as being one of the few pre-contact tribes and were estimated to number less that 2000 by the time the Spanish had chartered California. The Santa Clarita area was the center of this tribe's activities, north of present day LA. The Spanish arrived in the area during their expedition of 1769, and within 50 years of their arrival almost all the tribe's population had been baptized by the Spanish.
The city was incorporated in December of 1847. One of the present day's significant communities is that of Newhall. Newhall was originally the center of Santa Clarita's development when its land was purchased by Henry Newhall. Newhall was originally from Saugus, MA. Newhall had made his fortune during the gold rush of 1849 after being successful at his auction house. He used the money to purchase large tracts of land in the Hollywood, and Northern Los Angeles area and provided some of the land to the railroads that he was apart of. These railroads were then joined and connected the LA area to the rest of the United States.
Places to Eat Near Santa Clarita Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Santa Clarita, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Bricks on Lyons Ave: Bricks is a popular burger and sandwich place in Santa Clarita that specializes in traditional American fare. They are famous for their sweet potato fries, onion rings and Pastrami Burger. Prices here are slightly above what one might expect, costing under $30 per meal.
- ZingGa Grill on Sierra Highway: ZinGa is a fusion Korean restaurant that serves both, authentic and Americanized, Korean meals that range from Korean meatloaf to Spicy tofu soup. There are a number of BBQ dishes to choose from and a number of Asian spiced meats that make this place a favorite with locals.
- Ay Caramba Restaurant on Via Princessa: This restaurant is suitable for lunch and brunch, especially on the weekends. It has an authentic Mexican flavor combines with the American palette that results in a fusion of tastes. Try the Cochinita Pibil or the Pozole. The restaurant is open from 11am to 9pm daily.
- Eat Real Cafe on Lyons Ave.: Eat Real Cafe is a health food cafe that serves gluten free vegan food and they do it with tasty alternatives to the regular ingredients. The juices here are fresh and the omelets are made from substitutes that taste better in terms of texture and flavor. Try the Scrambler or the Spice Spanish Wrap.
- Egg Plantation on Walnut St.: This place specializes in breakfast even though they are open till after lunch. The omelets here are the specialty and they have various twists that keep this place interesting. Try the strawberry French toast and the Stuffed French toast. The prices here are moderate and the servings are proportionate.
Places to Go in Santa Clarita
Stepping out of your Santa Clarita, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Santa Clarita, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Santa Clarita, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The William S Hart Ranch and Museum is open between Wednesday and Friday from 12 noon to 3 pm. They have tours that start at these times. The museum is set in a revival mansion and is decorated like something out an old western movie.
- Theaters: The Performing Arts Theater at the College of the Canyons is a well designed, acoustically superior theater that features an array of performances from the likes of Paula Poundstone to Mavis Staples and Jack Hanna.
- Parks: Central Park, located in Saugus, is one of the more popular of the parks that overlooks the city. There are recreation centers and a number of fee-based classes and activities that make this area a well trafficked spot with locals.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Santa Clarita area including Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, Canyon Country.
Request a Quote