Santa Rosa CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The increasing cost of housing has reduced the immigration within the city's borders and instead earning it a reputation for having some of the highest prices for family homes. The increased cost of doing business in the area because of the increase in real estate values have resulted in middle income families looking to satellite neighborhoods in search of rental properties.
Due to its prevalence in the wine industry, Santa Rosa is also supported by a bustling tourism industry. Santa Rosa is not only the gateway to the Sonoma County wines but to also Napa Valley as well. The Russian Resort, the Sonoma Coast and Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve are all within the vicinity and attract significant tourist's dollar.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Santa Rosa, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Santa Rosa Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Santa Rosa and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Santa Rosa, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Santa Rosa economy is driven by a diverse set of new world and conventional businesses. Being part of Sonoma County, Santa Rosa is home to a number of popular and famous vineyards as well as a number of popular wine labels. There are also a number of healthcare related businesses that provide the largest base of employment to the residents of the town. Government operations are also prevalent here with the county seat located in Santa Rosa.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Santa Rosa, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Santa Rosa experiences a Mediterranean climate that is cool in the winter and dry in the summer. Spring is characterized by low temperatures between highs of 69°F in April and 74° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 83°F from July to September. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 77° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 40° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the 30s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Santa Rosa, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Santa Rosa, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Santa Rosa’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The Bitakomatra tribe were the original inhabitants of the area prior to the arrival of the European settlers. They were a powerful tribe and, unlike many of the other tribes, took positive control of the valley and restricted passage to other tribes and societies. Express permission was needed if one needed to traverse their land.
The tribes were wiped out by disease upon the arrival of the Europeans who had brought the deadly small pox virus with them. 90% of the tribe's population was eradicated by the dawn of the 20th century.
A Wells Fargo post had been established in the area by the mid 19th century. The town had begun to attract prominent Europeans and this had set the stage for efficient town planning and setup the grid system for the platting of the new town. It was incorporated in 1867, the third incorporation in the county after Healdsburg and Petaluma.
Places to Eat Near Santa Rosa Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Santa Rosa, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Russian River Brewing Company on 4th St.: This is a traditional American brewery that has a wide selection on tap. They have a full menu to complement their beer selection, and they are open from 11am to midnight. Try the Pliney the Elder, which is by far the favorite of all the brews here. Meals are priced average.
- Sazon in Sebastopol Rd.: This is a s Peruvian restaurant that is as authentic as it gets with South American delicacies like the Lomo Saltado and the Ceviche. The Paella has a Peruvian twist and is slightly different from the Spanish version. The restaurant is open between 11 and 2.30 for lunch and 5 and 8.30 for dinner.
- The Pullman Kitchen on 5th St.: This is a new age restaurant that serves dishes like Fish Tacos and Fried Green Tomatoes. They also have a full bar and a happy hour that gets crowded. Try the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
- Torch of India on 4th St.: A typical Indian restaurant that has delicious buffet items priced below ten bucks. Dinner starts at 5.30 and ends at 9.30 with an a la carte menu that includes the popular Tikka Massala. Try the Chicken Makhani also.
- Willi's Wine Bar on Old Redwood Hwy.: This is a wine bar and a tapas restaurant that has the pleasant policy if rotating their menu throughout the year, so there is always something different. Try the Crab Tacos or the Moroccan Lamb Chops. Prices are a little on the steep side, costing about $30 and above, per person.
Places to Go in Santa Rosa
Stepping out of your Santa Rosa, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Santa Rosa, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Santa Rosa, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Entertainment: The Railroad Square Historic district has a diverse range or bars, delis, restaurants and entertainment outlets and is located around Fifth and Railroad St. There are also a number of tourist related shops as well as store fronts that display unique knick knacks and local offerings.
- Museums: There are a number of popular museums in Santa Rosa. One of them is the California Indian Museum and Cultural Center. The CIMCC was founded in the late sixties to teach visitors about the local tribes and culture. The museum is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Parks: Howarth Park, located on Summerfield Rd is a 152-acre park that offers recreational activities for the whole family. From fishing to softball, tennis and picnic areas the park is popular among locals who visit daily to jog or just have a picnic.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Santa Rosa area including Sebastopol, Healdsburg, Calistoga, Petaluma, St. Helena, Napa, Guerneville.
Request a Quote