Sarasota FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Sarasota, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Sarasota Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers with life in Sarasota and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Sarasota, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The geographic location between Tampa Bay and Fort Myers provides Sarasota with the economy of a juxtaposed city. In terms of tourism, when either overflows, Sarasota reaps the benefits, receiving the tourist's dollar. Tourism is a major economic driver in Sarasota, which is also the county seat of Sarasota County. This makes government spending also one of the drivers of the area, albeit a small one.
The city is located on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico and forms part of the Bradenton-Sarasota-Venice area, of which Sarasota is the principle. A number of islands occupy the expanse between the town, inland, and the Gulf.
Real estate is the next area of significant economic importance to Sarasota. Migration patterns from colder climates in the north to warmer Florida positively affects Sarasota, as it does other parts of the state. The increased intensity of the winters in the north has accelerated the movement patterns of the older demographic. The real estate market that is increasing has also created a market for retail and business targeting new residents.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Sarasota, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Sarasota is humid for most of the year and is dominated by a subtropical climate. Summers, which range between 87º and 91º between April and August with the highest temperatures experienced in July and August. Rainfall is also highest during this month due to the strong thunderstorms during that same period. Fall temperatures average a high of 85° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 51° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Sarasota, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Sarasota, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Sarasota’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The original inhabitants of the area were the Seminole Indians before the Spanish arrived in the 16th century at what is today Charlotte Harbor. The area, at the time, was referred to as Zara Zote, the local name. It was a beneficial settlement for the natives due to the bay that harbored calm waters due to the nearby islands acting as a barrier to the choppy Gulf.
After alternating between Spanish and English settlers and ownership, the area permanently fell to US ownership when it was acquired in the early 19th century. At that point, the US Army set up Fort Armistead along the shore.
It was only after this that settlement began in earnest, with families arriving in the 1840s. It was still known by its Spanish name Zara Zote but slowly evolved to become Sara Sota. The climate in the area, being tropical, afforded an easier path to settlement, having stable weather all year. Also, the waters provided a rich harvest of fish.
Places to Eat Near Sarasota Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Sarasota, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Sun Garden Cafe on Avenida Madera: This place opens bright and early for breakfast and closes just after lunch. They are famous for their Bikini Bagel. Prices are fairly moderate and they also cater to everyone's sweet tooth. Parking is easy and everyone here is dress casual.
- Selva Grill on Main St.: A contemporary Spanish Seafood restaurant that takes attention to detail to a new level. They are open for dinner daily from 5 pm to 11 pm and are famous of the Ceviche.
- Mozzarella Fella on Main St.: They feature almost every dish here with some form of Mozzarella, thus the name. From Broccoli topped with it to Fried Eggplant smothered with it, it's everywhere and deliciously so. They are open daily for lunch and dinner and have a full bar as well as free Wi-Fi.
- Indigenous on S Links Ave.: Indigenous is a contemporary American-themed restaurant that serves a long list of seafood the other new age delicacies. Try the Mushroom Bisque or the Beef Short Ribs that are prepared in a special sauce.
- Tony's Chicago Beef on Superior Ave.: This is a simple hot dogs and burger place that you will find convenient for lunch or a quick bite on a Sunday morning. They have imported Vienna Hot Dogs as well as a popular Chicago Beef Sandwich. Try the Gulf Gate.
Things to do in Sarasota
Stepping out of your Sarasota, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Sarasota, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Sarasota, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Parks: Sarasota Bayfront Park is located in Marina Plaza and has a lot to offer all age groups. The jogging track is a loop around the water lined with benches to stop and enjoy the scenery. Parking is free and there are lots of grassy areas to let the dog off the leash. Plenty of banyan trees for shade as well.
- Theater: The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall located on N Tamiami is a fun place that holds a variety of shows throughout the year. The theater is a bit old, but clean and comfortable.
- Mall: The Westfield Sarasota Mall is a place that you can get a lot of what you need but not necessarily a place you would want to hang out. There is an AMC theater and a Macy's as well as a Starbucks.
Request a Quote