Spokane WA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Spokane, WA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Spokane Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential move-ins to life in Spokane and therefore provide the following summary of various facets of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a local resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Spokane, WA on business might value some information about the city’s business environment. Spokane's economy arises from its juxtaposition between the areas of farming and mining along the Idaho and Washington borders. The area is was richly endowed with natural resources that include mining, lumber and the fertile soil that gave rise to farming. The actual industries that contributed to the economy are not located within the city limits. For example, the mining is not it within the city limits; but the services and logistics that provided the necessary supplies do reside in town. Thus, the town benefits from the operations.
The mining and logging operations have reduced over time but still remain. Spokane has diversified its business beyond just being a supplier of mining and lumber equipment. However, they still are the center of activity along the areas straddling the border. They now provide the community with commercial conveniences, and are the entertainment center for smaller cities located around Spokane.
Current industries that make an impact on the financial and economical stability of the city include wood processing, publishing, metal fabrication, and transportation. There are a number of large companies including one Fortune 1000 company.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Spokane, WA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Spokane experiences a mix of arid and humid climates due to its location. Spring is mild with temperatures between 49°F in March and 66° in May. Summers peak at 83°F in July and August. Fall temperatures reach 58° in October, and then cool to lows of 30° in November. Winters are cold, stretching from mid November to February with lows in the 20s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Spokane, WA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Spokane, WA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Spokane’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Spokane's history dates back to ten thousand years ago with the arrival of the first humans in the area. The Spokane area was attractive to these early hunter gatherers and trappers due to the abundant game that found their habitat in the lush forests of the Pacific Northwest. The people were referred to as the Spokane Tribe, translated to mean "sun people"
The game was also the reason Europeans developed the area. It was a prominent fur trading post. The furs sought by the British Northwest Company, and later the Hudson's Bay Company, were beaver fur, of which there was plenty.
The first trading post was established in 1810 at the confluence of the Little Spokane and Spokane River. It was called the Spokane House and operated for 16 years. The British Northwest Company, who built the Spokane House, was absorbed into the Hudson's Bay Company. The company then later moved the post to a different location.
Places to Eat Near Spokane Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Spokane, WA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Frank's Diner on W 2nd Ave: Frank's Diner uses an old train coach as its premises. It is a typical diner inside that operates everyday from 6am till 8pm. Prices are average and there is sufficient seating, although it does get busy at meal times. They accept credit cards and have a parking lot. The Blueberry Muffin French Toast is popular here and so are the Hash Browns.
- Mizuna on N Howard St: Mizuna is an American bistro that is set up as a classy and romantic restaurant that's designed better for dinner than for lunch. There is free Wi-Fi and they have a full bar. Seating is both indoors and out.
- The Flying Goat on W Northwest Blvd: The Flying Goat specializes in pizzas. The beer selection is extensive, and they have new selections to choose from every season. Food prices are average. The pizzas are a little smaller than usual, but the ingredients and taste are excellent.
- Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie on W Main Ave: Sante's is a French American restaurant that serves items like Duck Prosciutto and fancy brunches. It is a trendy restaurant that is priced affordably. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Reservations are recommended on the weekends. There is a full bar with a wide selection of cocktails. Try the seven course tasting menu.
- Wild Sage Bistro on W 2nd Ave: This restaurant is open daily only for dinner till about 9pm. It's a dressy place that serves ingenious recipes like Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat's Cheese. They are priced on the higher side of most Spokane restaurants.
Things to do in Spokane
Stepping out of your Spokane, WA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Spokane, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best option to provide you with a furnished apartment in Spokane, WA that is perfectly suited to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Jundt Art Museum in the Gonzaga University campus is a museum that showcases local art and work of unconventional artists in its 2,800 square foot museum. They have a fairly extensive collection that include print and sculptures. They are known for their glass art pieces, as well as their ceramics and tapestries.
- Theater: The Bing Crosby Theater has a number of performances each year designed to appeal to the wide cross section of the Spokane population. From headliners like Duncan Sheik to Willy Wonka, and Toad the Wet Sprocket to Bada Bing, the theater covers the various genres of entertainment.
- Golf: The Hangman Valley Golf Course is an 18-hole Rick Phelps course that provides a challenging 4 hours amidst scenic vistas of mountains and slopes. The championship tees play 6,865 years for a par 72 course. There is also a chipping area and rental clubs available. They also offer a driving range.
- Parks: Manito Park is a 78-acre park that is landscaped with the local flora and fauna and enhanced with other flowers and plants. It includes a 20-acre botanical garden that holds native plants and it also features a mirror pond that is a favorite among ducks.
Request a Quote