Being the home of multinational companies, Stamford commands above average real estate prices and rental values for office space. It’s proximity to New York City and its access to the New England markets allow Stamford do facilitate corporate headquarter functions. Its ease of access to Boston, New Haven, New York and Newark are determining factors in the success and continued growth of the city.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Stamford, CT furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Stamford enjoys a mild subtropical climate influenced by its proximity to the coast, resulting in mild temperature variations between spring, that hovers between 50°F in March to 73° in May, and Summers get up to 85° in July. Fall temperatures average 41° in October and then continue to cool to lows of 19° in January. Winter stretches from November to early February. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Stamford, CT corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Stamford, CT corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Stamford’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Native Americans were the first settlers in the area that they called Rippowam. The ensuing town was eventually incorporated as Stamford, named after a town in England. European settlement was marked by the signing of the Deed to Stanford between Chief Ponus and Captain Turner of the New Haven Colony.Being close to New York, and accessible by water, contributed to the popularity and economic growth of the town in the early days of its founding. Urbanization took hold in the city in the later 20th century giving rise to tall buildings and office towers, like the ones planned and built by F.D. Rich. Co. a renewal developer.F.D. Rich. Co. constructed many of the notable structures in the city, one of which is the tallest, One Landmark Square, at 21 floors high, which eventually was beaten by a newer 35-story Trump Parc condominium tower and later outgrew by Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences a project of Rich company with Cappelli Enterprises.
Places to Eat Near Stamford Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Stamford, CT furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Quattro Pazzi Restaurant on Bedford St: Quattro is an ethnic Italian restaurant that is affordably priced. This place is a good choice for romantic dinners. The décor is classy and charming. They accept credit cards and it is best to make a reservation during the weekends. There is street parking easily available. Try the Penne Vodka and Bruschetta.
- The Capital Grille on Tresser Blvd: The Capital is a posh restaurant where they serve traditional American cuisine and variety of steaks. They offer impeccable crafted meals in an elegant and classy ambiance. Outdoor seating is available and credit cards are accepted. They provide valet parking. Try Lobster or the Delmonico steak.
- Casa Villa on E Main St: Casa Villa is a moderate restaurant and they offer classic Mexican and Specialty food in casual ambiance. They provide full bar, private lot parking and free Wi-Fi. This place is good for dinner. Try chipotle chicken and Habanera Salsa.
- Blue Ginger on Elm St: This is an affordable place for Chinese and Japanese cuisine. This place is good for lunch and dinner and can handle small groups as well as large ones. The bar serves beer and wine only. They are open all week and provide delivery and take-out as well. Try the Seaweed Salad and Roast Duck. Private parking is available.
- Cotto Wine Bar and Pizzeria: Cotto is a reasonable restaurant where they offer an extensive list of wine, beer and cocktails. It is a good place for dinner with friends. Delivery, take-out and reservation services are available here. Happy hours here are crowded and energetic. Try Arugula Salad, Grilled Calamari and Margarita Pizza.
Things to do in Stamford, CT
Stepping out of your Stamford, CT temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is located on Scofieldtown Rd. This place has a great natural setting and they change the exhibits frequently. Since it is a nature center as well therefore they have a good display of farm animals. There are nature Trails and Kids Playscape as well. Entry tickets are available easily on reasonable price and they accept credit cards.
- Theater: The Palace – Stamford Center for the Arts is located on Atlantic St. The building has good architecture and for interior they have artistic statues and beautiful murals which is an attraction for the visitors. Tickets are pricy and parking is available easily.
- Park: The Cove Island Park is located on Cove Road. It covers 83 acres and there are several beaches that line the facility. There is a mile-long walking trail; children’s play area, cycling path and lawn areas. This place is well-kept and clean. Entry is free for local residents, though a beach pass is required; otherwise paid entry is available for non-residents. Parking is convenient.
Whatever your reason for visiting Stamford, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Stamford, CT that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.