Stevens Point WI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Aside from companies that are regionally related to the economy, there are also companies that are here because of the university, companies that take talent for the university setup incubators here and absorb new graduates as well as absorb research and development that come from the university. Some of the Business Development Areas in the city include Eastridge, Stevens Point Industrial Park and Stevens Point East.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Stevens Point, WI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Stevens Point Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Stevens Point and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Stevens Point, WI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Stevens Point is driven by the economics of a university town. The University of Wisconsin at Steven’s Point is a four year accredited University that has a large local, state-wide and International student population that brings in a large amount of revenue to the city and is part of the economic stability the Stevens Point enjoys.
In addition to the university, there are also other economic drivers in the form of corporations that are set up here to take advantage of the regional markets and some of the primary resources of the area. Take for instance the New Page Corporate Paper mill which is located close by.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Stevens Point, WI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Stevens Point experiences a continental climate that is cold in the winter and mild in the Summer. Spring is characterized by low temperatures between 45°F in April and 70° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 83°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 58° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 45° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the 20s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Stevens Point, WI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Stevens Point, WI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Stevens Point’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The area was originally inhabited by the Menominee tribes and the three miles of land that straddled the Wisconsin River in present day Stevens Point was part of their homeland. They ceded this land to the United States Federal government in the treaty of 1836 and proceeded to move the reservation to Wolf River.
The town was named after George Stevens. Stevens was a grocer who had set up a supply business along the area that was traversed by loggers who were harvesting timber upriver and using the river as a transport medium to mills south to present day Stevens Point.
The US Postal Service opened its doors here in 1845 and that resulted in the population expanding to three times its size within two decades. The town was platted in 1847 and included the Town Square that exists till this day. During that time, most of the buildings were built from the abundant timber that came into Stevens Point but after a number of fires that destroyed the area, it was decided to build the structures from brick and stand stone which was also easily available from the quarry in Ellis close by.
Places to Eat Near Stevens Point Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Stevens Point, WI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Matsu Ya on Windy Drive: Matsu Ya is a popular sushi bar in Stevens Point. They are open at 11am for lunch and close after dinner at 9.30, daily. The ingredients are always fresh and the sushi choices are extensive. The restaurant takes reservations and allow take out. There is ample parking and they accept credit cards.
- Father Fats Public House on Clark St.: This is an American flavored restaurant that has a wide selection of tapas. Try the scallops and the pork tenderloin. The tapas variety is rather extensive. They accommodate large crowds and have a casual atmosphere. There is a full bar and outdoor seating.
- Dosirak Korean Lunch Box on Division St.: This moderately priced Korean restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner and closes at 10pm. They have the traditional favorites alongside the new fusion menu. Try the Bulgogi and the Bibimbap. There is ample parking and they accept credit cards.
- Point After Pub and Grille on 2nd St.: This pub is a favorite in town and caters to families rather than singles. There is a full bar and free Wi-Fi. The best nights that are rocking are on Fridays and Saturdays. Try the cheese curds and the mushrooms as well as the Fish Reuben. Make reservations or get there early as the place gets crowded.
- Guus on Main: This is a mid-priced restaurant that has a wide selection of beer on tap and in a bottle. There is take-out but not delivery and its set up more for lunch than for dinner. There is a full bar and free Wi-Fi. There is outdoor seating as well.
Places to Go in Stevens Point, WI
Stepping out of your Stevens Point, WI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Stevens Point, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Stevens Point, WI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Entertainment: The highlight of the Stevens Point cultural entertainment is the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra that usually presents up to four concerts each season. The most notable of the presentations occurs in December for Christmas.
- Shopping: The Main Street Community presents a wide array of shops and restaurants that provide the small town characteristic to a busy city. The Main Street attractions include tourist centers, food outlets, grocers and specialty food stores.
- Parks: Stevens Point Sculpture Park is an outdoor park that is full of seasonal foliage and wide walking paths for walkers, joggers and dog-owners alike. They are open between 6am and 10pm from Mondays to Fridays and from 8am to 9pm on the weekends.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Stevens Point area including Wisconsin Rapids.
Request a Quote