Tempe AZ Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The second area that drives the economy is the corporate sector. With a wide variety of corporate activity, ranging from airlines to hosting, and a broad range of corporate sizes ranging from Fortune 500s to start-ups, Tempe has fostered and developed a ecosystem that is well adapted to the economy of the 21st century.
Sports and tourism is also a major industry that drives the economy here. With stadiums and local franchise of football and other activity, the sports industry in Tempe is an important factor in the local tax base. The Super Bowl, the Fiesta Bowl, and the Insight Bowl are just some of the sports related events that pass through the city periodically, in addition to the annual events that are specific to the city's sports franchises.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Tempe, AZ corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Tempe Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Tempe and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Tempe, AZ for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Tempe is driven primarily by two economic drivers. The first, and foremost is the academic activity of the city through Arizona’s largest University located here. The University of Arizona at Tempe employees more than 11,000 staff and personnel, and represents the largest employer in the city. In addition to being the employer of almost 10% of the population, the university is also home to students from local, regional and international locations, bringing private and government dollars into the economy as well as research and development to drive future start ups.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Tempe, AZ furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Tempe experiences a dry desert climate with springs that are cold with low temperatures between 86°F in April and 95° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 105°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 89° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 45° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Tempe, AZ corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Tempe, AZ corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Tempe’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The original inhabitants of the area were the Hohokam Tribe who built canals and conducted wide scale farming in a land that was typically arid and unproductive. The Hohokam had the necessary skills to draw the necessary water to facilitate their farming but were eventually transplanted by the arrival of the Europeans.
Fort McDowell was established in 1865 just outside present day Tempe and served as the front to the tribes while newer settlements emerged down river, south. Workers and army personnel built the necessary agricultural infrastructure to support the increasing population which eventually became permanent inhabitants of the area.
Charles Haydn built the first ferry to crossing and built his ferry business in the area and that was the reason the area began to be called Hayden's Ferry. It was the only crossing available to the local area and it conducted brisk business.
The Arizona Legislature voted on setting up the Territorial Normal School in Tempe and that proved to be a major cause of expansion in the town. The school was eventually named Arizona State College and finally, today is known as The Arizona State University.
Places to Eat Near Tempe Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Tempe, AZ furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Cornish Pasty Company on W University Drive: This is a British pub style restaurant that is open from 11am to midnight daily. They serve a wide array of finger foods and have a full bar. Happy hours are crowded. This place does not take reservations. Try the bangers and mash as well as the Cornish Pasty.
- Haji Baba on E Apache Blvd.: This is a Middle Eastern restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner and closes at 8pm. Their Chicken Shawarma and Gyros are popular with the locals. The Tongue sandwich is also a hot item here. There is plenty of parking at the private lot and they accept credit cards.
- Desert Roots Kitchen on S Mill Ave.: This is a vegetarian and vegan restaurant that is gluten free. They have a number of the usual menu items that are vegan friendly. They are open daily between 8.30 am and 4pm. There is parking close by and they validate. Try the Wrap and the Kale Salad.
- Four Peaks Brewing Company on E 8th St.: This place is open late daily till 1am. They open for lunch at 11 am and serve pub food and a variety of beer amidst a full bar. Try the pub fish and chips and the Spinach Artichoke Dip. The Peach Ale is a hit as far the ales go and the Oatmeal Stout is a favorite among the stouts.
- Green on N Scottsdale Rd.: This is a vegetarian and gluten free restaurant that serves meals for under ten bucks. It's a great place to get a veggie burger and fries. Try the Thyme Fries. They also have the Tsoynami, which is a soy milkshake and the Mock Chicken.
Places to Go in Tempe, AZ
Stepping out of your Tempe, AZ temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Tempe, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Tempe, AZ that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Entertainment: The city's bar and restaurant district is located on Mill Ave and caters to the tourism crowd as well as the university crowd. There are a number of bars and social spots to choose from in the area. The local tourism office is also located on Mill Ave.
- Parks: The Tempe Town Lake is a major attraction for locals interested in outdoor activities. It offers visitors fishing and kayaking, as well as rowing. They are open throughout the year.
- Sports: The Sun Devil Stadium hosts numerous programs during the year and most of them showcase the Sun Devils of the University. They compete in football, basketball and baseball.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Tempe area including Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert Town, Glendale, Mesa, Peoria, Scottsdale, Tempe.
Request a Quote