Tucson’s Great LocationTucson rests at an elevation of about 2400 feet and is surrounded by five ranges: the Tucson Range, Santa Catalina, Rincon, Santa Rita and Tortolita Ranges. The view is enhanced by the plethora of sunshine that this city enjoys. In fact, the sun shines more days here than it does anywhere else in the U.S. It is a city that is bicycle friendly, so if you like, bring your bike with you. If your Tucson corporate apartment is close to work, you may be able to bike to work.
Getting to Know Tucson’s Business EnvironmentThe Tucson economy is driven by diverse factors. The government is one of the main players in this area with the Davis Monthan Air Force Base and the U.S. Border Patrol both in Tucson. The Defense Department’s relationship with Raytheon Missile Systems is also another driving employer in the city as is the University of Arizona. The University also acts as an incubator for technology transfer to start up companies that then stay in the Tucson area and become part of the economy.
How to Dress When Stepping out of a Tucson Furnished ApartmentThe climate here is a mix of high heat in the summer and temperate weather in the winter. Temperatures swell into the 100s in June then hold steady at the high 90s until September. In October the temps begin to taper into the 70s and reached highs of mid 60s in December. In January, the temperature begins its ascent gradually hitting the high 70s in February. If you enjoy heat, you will love Tucson. If not, you will probably find yourself staying put in your spacious furnished apartment.
Dining Recommendations for Tucson Corporate Housing ClientsThe food here definitely leans towards the Mexican flavors. You can get almost anything you want from Italian to Indian, but you will find a predominance of Mexican food, from fast food and street food to fine dining. Below are some recommendations for various kinds of foods that you might wish to check out depending on where your corporate housing in Tucson is
- El Minuto Cafe on S Main Ave: This Mexican restaurant will not disappoint you. Everything is excellent: the Tacos to the Tostadas and the Chimichangas and the Enchiladas. Try the Shredded Beef Plate and you will walk away happy. They even have Mexican beer to go with the food.
- Downtown Kitchen and Cocktails on S 6th Ave.: The Happy Hour Menu in this eatery is outstanding. The Warm Oaxacan Peanuts with a dash of lime and roasted garlic and chiles de arbol is the first thing you should get when you sit down. These go great with the margaritas. You should also try the spice rubbed pork belly with guava sauce, pineapple and chayote salad. The combos here during happy hour are something you will never get tired off.
- Mama Louisa’s on S Craycroft Rd.: This is a simple but authentic Italian restaurant. The setting is comfortable with the typical murals you would find gracing the wall of an Italian restaurant. The lunch menu is filled with things like fried Calamari and Antipasto and grilled chicken salad. The specialty here is the Lasagna. Ask for Joe’s Lasagna and enjoy homemade noodles and fresh Ricotta cheese and Joe’s special sauce.
- Bangkok Cafe on E Speedway Blvd.: This is the best place in town to get Asian food especially when you are in the mood for Thai. Try the Kang Pa-Nang. It blends together spicy gravy with red chillies, sour lime, sweet basil, and coconut cream–all smothering your choice of chicken, beef or pork.
- Brooklyn Pizza Company on N 4th Ave.: This typical pizza joint sells pizza by the slice or whole pizza. The favorite here is the Sicilian, which can be topped with almost anything you can think of. Especially on nights where you bring work home, or the game’s on the box, this is the best place to turn to. Bring one home to your Tucson furnished apartment. They also deliver beer and wine with your pizza.
Things to do Near Your Tucson Temporary HousingTucson provides its residents with plenty to keep themselves occupied with.
- Museums: The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a great place to learn about the native ecology of the region. It is somewhat of a Museum, a zoo, and a botanical garden all rolled into one. That gives you an idea of what the land once was like and the life it supported. Another good museum to enjoy is Arizona State Museum on E University Blvd. There is also the Museum of Contemporary Art on S Church Ave and The University of Arizona Mineral Museum on Toole Ave.
- Performing Arts: There are more than just a few places where you can catch a quality stage performance, be it a play, a symphony, or even the opera. Keep an eye out for the programs at Berger Performing Arts Center on W Speedway Blvd or the Fox Tucson Theater on W Congress St. There is also the Rialto Theater on E Congress and the Gaslight Theater on E Broadway. Also, just for fun, try the Carnival of Illusion.
- Malls: Looking to do some shopping, then head over the one of the few malls located in the Tucson area. The first on the list is The Tucson Mall located on Oracle Rd. There is also the Foothills Mall locate on N La Cholla Blvd. and the La Encantada located on E Skyline Drive.
Four Areas to Consider for Tucson Corporate Housing
- Oro Valley: Home to over ten high tech firms, Oro Valley offers plenty in terms of employment. Do you already have a job in Tucson itself? Oro Valley is located a mere 6 miles to the North in Pima County.
- Marana: Marana is an old community with over 4,200 years of continual occupation. It also hosts an annual PGA Championship which draws many celebrity golfers. Marana corporate housing has contemporary amenities and is richly steeped in history.
- Vail: Vail corporate housing is located in a small town of around 2500 people and is also something of a tourist destination. This charming “town between the tracks” is also the location of Colossal Cave, a small cave system.
- North/Northwest Tucson: North/Northwest Tucson is preferable to other parts of the city because it is generally has newer construction and a lower crime rate. Ask your housing specialist about locations in the North/Northwest Tucson area.
- South Tucson
- Davis-Monthan Air Force Base: Almost Home provides corporate housing for military personnel needing temporary housing while on assignment Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. We are a GSA certified housing provider and have extensive experience in housing military and government personnel. Our accommodations consist of upscale one, two and three bedroom fully furnished luxury apartments, town-homes, and houses specifically designed to meet the customer’s needs.