Virginia Beach VA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Virginia Beach corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Virginia Beach Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Virginia Beach and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Virginia Beach, VA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment Virginia Beach is home to a diverse economy based on tourism, private enterprise and the government's expenditure on the military. There is also a significant income generated from agriculture. Within this small city, there are more than 150 farms that provide soy, corn, wheat, and dairy to the local and neighboring communities.
Within the Virginia Beach area there are military bases pulling in significant spending from the Dept. of Defense. Aside from funds that come directly from the Federal Government, military personnel stationed here, with their families, account for significant demand generated for goods and services provided by the local community.
Tourism is a major industry here with tourists arriving from all other states and from International locations. Retail and wholesale businesses benefit tremendously from this tourism base. The manufacturing sector is also well represented here with production of furniture, machinery and agricultural products being some of the high ticket items.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Virginia Beach furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Virginia Beach experiences a subtropical climate with spring temperatures ranging between 58°F in March to 76° in May. Summers are warm with temperatures, climbing to a peak of 87° in July. Fall temperatures average 61° in November then cools down to lows of 37° in December. Winter stretches across December and January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Virginia Beach corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Virginia Beach, VA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Virginia Beach’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The original tribes who inhabited this place before the colonials arrived were the Chesepians. They inhabited large swaths of land along what is today identified as South Hampton Roads. The American Indians here lived under a complex social structure with five provinces under the Chespians. The Weapemiooc, the Chawanook, Secotan, Pomouic and Newsiooc were the chiefdoms and kingdoms that made up this area. Each kingdom or chiefdom came under a ruler.The main area, or capital city, of the Indian tribes of the area was located in present day Norfolk and was called Skicoak. Two other important towns were within the Chespians chiefdoms. Once was Apasus and the other was Chesepioc, which is today's Virginia Beach.
The Spanish arrived in 1524, landing in Chincoteague and proceeded to map the area. The British arrived in 1607, represented by three ships from Blackwell commanded by Captain Christopher Newport. They landed at Cape Henry.
The town of Virginia Beach was incorporated in 1906 and become an independent city by 1952. Rail and electricity services were ready for consumers by 1888 which caused the expedited growth of the area and construction began to speed up to meet the demand.
Places to Eat Near Virginia Beach Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Virginia Beach, VA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Terrapin Restaurant at Pinewood Square: Terrapin is an upscale restaurant that places importance on taste and presentation. They are open daily and specialize in dinners and create an ambience that is suitable for intimate dinners as well as special occasions. Prices reflect the environment and the portions are petit.
- Doc Taylor's on 23rd St: Doc's is a good place for breakfast and brunch. Their prices are highly affordable and the portions are generous. There is outdoor seating which patrons enjoy in the morning and there is free WiFi. There is plenty of parking on the street and in the private lot.
- Mojito Cafe on 28th Ave S: Mojito's is a Latin American restaurant that has a full bar and serves popular cocktails. The kitchen is fast and serves up favorites that include Ropa Veija and the ever popular Empanadas. Prices here are fair and the portions are sufficient for one person. They have take out but not delivery and the ambience is casual.
- Eurasia on Laskin Rd: Eurasia is a wine bar that has delicious new wave recipes on the menu. The prices are on the high end but the service and ambience seem to deserve it. There is a full bar and they are open till 10 pm on most nights. There is music in the background and the setting is upscale.
- Masala Bites in the Red Mill Commons Shopping Center: Masala Bites is an Indian restaurant that serves its offerings in a modern and classy setting. The attire is casual though and the prices are on the high side. They offer free Wi-Fi and the take out service is fast.
Things to do in Virginia Beach
Stepping out of your Virginia Beach temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Virginia Beach, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Virginia Beach, VA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art offers stunning pieces of local and regional artists' works during rotating exhibitions all year through. They offer advanced information technology for all their exhibits by placing QR codes so that visitors can scan and get more information during their walk through.
- Theater: The Sandler Center of the Performing Arts is a magnificent theater that rotates various genres of performances from symphonies to Classical Indian Dance. The theater has enough space for full stage productions and a full orchestral well for operatic productions. Seats are on the first, second and third floors with balconies commanding unobstructed views.
- Golf: Hell's Point Golf Club's Rees Jones 18-hole course is set amidst the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge. The Black Tees have a 73.3 course rating and features a mix of challenge and risk throughout the game.
- Parks: Mount Trashmore Park is a walking park that features hard trails as well as conveniences for walkers, joggers and bikers. The path traverses scenic lake views as well as mountain views. There are also skating areas and ramps. The perimeter trail walks 1.84 miles and the lake trail measures 1.45 miles.
Request a Quote