West Chester PA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The second area that drives the economy here is retail trade. There is about an equal amount of focus on education as there is no retail trade and that is due to the housing market and the residential flavor of West Chester.
Accommodation, transportation, construction and manufacturing take up about 45% of the labor input in West Chester, while only 20% of the labor resources that reside in the city commute outside the city for employment.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of West Chester, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
West Chester Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in West Chester and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in West Chester, PA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. West Chester’s economy is driven by a diverse group of industries and sectors that seem to complement its relative proximity to Philadelphia and Delaware. Of all the economic activity that carries on in West Chester, 13% of the labor input is focused on educational services, specifically in the K-12. There is one university, West Chester University, that serves as a tertiary institution with a predominantly in-state focus with some national and international students.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your West Chester, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. West Chester experiences a subtropical climate with temperatures that are cool in the winter and warm during the summer. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 62°F in April and 73°F in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 85°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 66° in October, then cools to lows averaging 35° in November. Winters are cold, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid to upper 20s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your West Chester, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in West Chester, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with West Chester’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Before taking on the name West Chester, the area was known as Turk's Head because of the original tavern that was set up here, and around which the city grew. It became the county seat in 1786 and remains so till this day. Part of the city was designed by Thomas U Walter, the same person who was responsible for much of the design that went into laying out Washington DC.
From an industrial perspective this town was famous for its clocks and slowly altered its industrial course by becoming affiliated to the transportation industry. Prior to automobiles the town was known for making wheels for carriages and carts. When hours pulled carriages gave way for automobiles, the town also switch to making wheels for cars.
There was some push to enter the information era when the Commodore microcomputer company set up in West Chester but that didn't take hold and the company did not prosper, which had nothing to do with the town. As far as major businesses goes, in the information sector, there is now Economy.com which is part of the Moody's Analytics operations.
Places to Eat Near West Chester Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s West Chester, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Don Gabriel Restaurant on West Strasburg Rd: Don's is an authentic Mexican restaurant that is set in a simple dining room and filled by the locals consistently. They have a popular Chorizo con Huevos and Grilled Steak. The restaurant is open from 9am to 9pm daily and the entire menu is available all day.
- La Rancerita on E Gay St.: Open from 9am to 8.30 pm this is a typical Mexican restaurant that serves traditional Spanish favorites, just like that cantinas of the olden days. They even have Mexican groceries. Try the Cactus veggie dish.
- Roots Cafe on E Gay St: Roots is popular for its breakfast menu. It’s a cozy place that has freshly brewed aromatic coffee all day and a menu that is suitable for those who like to have breakfast at any time of the day. Try their Bison Chili and their Multigrain Bread. Prices are average and each person would land up spending between $10 and $30 per meal.
- Asuka on West Chester Pike: Asuka is a fusion restaurant that has two parallel menus. One is Chinese where you get authentic Chinese dishes form Spring Rolls to Lo Mein, and on the Sushi side of the equation you get fresh sushi and sashimi. The owners are very friendly and come out to greet their customers and make things comfortable. You can BYOB.
- Fusion Asian Restaurant on W Chester Pike: A truly fusion experience here with Japanese sushi as the anchor. Make sure you BYOB and try the Tom Yum Gong, which is actually a Thai mainstay. As far as the sushi is concerned the ingredients are masterfully crafted and skillfully presented for an overall excellent dining experience.
Places to Go in West Chester, PA
Stepping out of your West Chester, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting West Chester, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in West Chester, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Fields and Parks: The Brandywine Battlefield State Park is a historical site that showcases one of the largest and most prominent battles of the Revolutionary War. The battle fought on September 11, 1777 between Washington's Continental Army and Howe's British forces ended in Washington's defeat.
- Museums: The American Helicopter Museum is located on American Boulevard and is primarily a rotor wing transport museum that has a number of rare machines on display. They focus on the engineering and skill and the technology that has been used over the course of time in this industry.
- Golf: Broad Run Golfer's Club located on Tattersall Way is an 18-hole golf course set across a 372 acre landscape of rolling hills and pristine Pennsylvania forest. The course was designed by Rees Jones and pars 72 on a playing length of 6826 yards.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire West Chester area including Malvern, Downingtown, Exton, Paoli, Thorndale, and Media.
Request a Quote