West Palm Beach, FL corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate a some information about the city’s business environment. The economy in West Palm Beach is driven heavily by tourism, with a certain level of other industries present in the area. Some of these include manufacturing, plastics and furniture. There are a number of industrial and technology parks that support a high-tech industry as well in the immediate vicinity. There is also a low-tech area of the economy in terms of commercial fishing that goes on along the city’s coast.In addition to the smaller industries, aerospace is also a small part of the West Palm Beach economy. As for employment, the industries that hire the most number of residents in the area include the tourism and hospitality industry, construction as well as insurance. Pratt & Whitney have larger than average offices and operations here as do Motorola, Siemens, and Jet Aviation.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to a West Palm Beach, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. West Palm Beach has a tropical climate and experiences humid conditions for most of the year. Spring has high temperatures between 80°F in March and 85° in May. Summers climb to a high of 89°F in July. Fall temperatures reach lows of 72° in October, then cools slightly to lows of 60° in December. Winters are comfortable, stretching from January to early March with lows in the high 50s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your West Palm Beach, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in corporate housing in West Palm Beach, FL need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with West Palm Beach’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area was first discovered by Ponce de Leon on behalf of the Spanish in the early 16th century. What he found when he arrived near present day Palm Beach, and the rest of the Florida Peninsula was a thriving community of indigenous inhabitants that were mostly from the Lake Okeechobee are. There were the Mayaimi and the Jaega as well as the Ais. They numbered in excess of 20,000 by early estimates, all of whom perished by disease or war, brought by the explorers.The area that is presently West Palm Beach was originally known as Lake Worth Country and began attracting settlers in the late 1800s. Among them were the Potter and Lainhart family, both leading families that were largely responsible for the founding and development of the town.The city was eventually platted by 1900 and there was a hotel and eventually the railroad arrived, bringing with it expansion. The city was incorporated in 1894 and became part of Dade County.
Places to Eat in West Palm Beach
All of Almost Home’s West Palm Beach, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Marcello’s La Sirena Restaurant on S Dixie Hwy: Marcello’s is a fine restaurant that features an expensive cuisine and frequented by well dressed locals and tourists. They serve cocktails and wine from a full bar and specialize in dinners. They open at 5.30 in the evenings and close at 9.30. There is ample parking in a private lot. Try the Fresh Pasta with Veal or a bottle from the reserve wine collection.
- Hullabaloo on Clematis St: Hullabaloo’s is a gastro pub that serves food designed around the extensive selection of beers. The Zucchini Chips and the Pork Sandwich pair well with local crafts. There is free Wi-Fi in the restaurant and happy hour is crowded. The ambience is hip and trendy. They are open till 1am on most nights and 3am on Friday and Saturday. Try the Bone Marrow Risotto. There is valet service as well as ample garage parking.
- Vagabondi Restaurant on Belvedere Road: This restaurant is pricey and sets an ambience that is intimate. Small groups and couples are well suited for this environment. There is free Wi-Fi in the dining area and a bar that serves beer and wine only. The cuisine is authentically Italian. Try the Veal Ragu and the Beet Salad.
- Kabuki Sushi Thai Tapas on Clematis St: This is an eclectic Asian restaurant that serves a wide variety of tastes, from Japanese sushi to Thai dishes in small portions that allow sampling of a wide variety. They have a wide assortment of sushi, prepared from fresh and tasty ingredients. Prices are average and the environment is trendy. Patrons are dressed casually. The offer delivery, take-out and free Wi-Fi.
- Iris Island Cuisine and Phat’s Bistro on N Olive Ave: This restaurant offers typical Caribbean cuisine in an inexpensive and comfortable setting. Patrons are laid back and dressed casually. The food is authentic.
Things to do in West Palm Beach
Stepping out of your West Palm Beach, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Norton Museum of Art is contemporary in their style and interesting in their choice of exhibits. From black and white calligraphy to oil and pastels to jewelry and crafts, the museum displays color and vibrant styles of artists across Florida and the country.
- Theater: The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts showcases a number of upscale performances through the course of the year featuring the likes of Jay Leno and Kenny Loggins just to name some of the past headliners. They also showcase a series of symphonies and a string of Broadway musicals and opera performances.
- Golf: The Madison Green Golf Club located on Crestwood Blvd N. is a spectacular tropical course designed by John Sanford Jr. featuring towering palms and waves of landscaped dunes that give way to natural sand traps. The championship tees fly 7,051 yards for a par 72 with a course rating of 73.6 and slope rating of 143 over Bermuda grass.
- Parks: The Okeeheelee Park located on Forest Hill Blvd has a diverse list of activities across a large area of the coastal waters. There is an equestrian center and a golf course as well as a nature center. They are open from sunrise to sunset and the athletic fields are lit for after sunset use. There are bicycle paths, baseball pitches, a boat launch and a dog park.
Whatever your reason for visiting West Palm Beach, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a West Palm Beach, FL furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page to receive a quote.