Williamsburg VA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Colonial Williamsburg is the center of a 4 million a year tourism industry that includes the Busch Water Park and a number of other themed parks that provide tourists who flock to Williamsburg to witness the historical life of the 19th century happen right before their eyes. Homes styled from the times set the scene for townsfolk dressed up in the garb of the times and go about daily business while tourists mingle and see buildings and activities just as they would have been 2 centuries ago.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Williamsburg, VA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Williamsburg Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Williamsburg and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Williamsburg, VA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Williamsburg’s economy is driven by two major centers. The first is the tourism industry that revolves around Colonial Williamsburg, and the second is the academic sector of campus activities that surround the William and Mary College. The two sectors provide a stable and prosperous income for the city.
The William and Mary College is the second oldest university in the country and was named after the monarchs of England during the time of its construction. The University is the alma mater of three past presidents and was the major thriving business of the community, who provided a number of services for its operations, from boarding and housing to food services and other incidental services.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Williamsburg, VA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Williamsburg experiences a humid subtropical climate with springs that are cold with low temperatures between 46°F in April and 55° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 87°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 70° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 40° in November. Winters are cold, stretching from December to March with lows in the 20s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Williamsburg, VA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Williamsburg, VA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Williamsburg’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Most of Williamsburg had remained as a slow-moving town that was dotted by pre-war architecture and lazy scenes that felt like the town that time forgot. It wasn't until Reverend Dr Goodwin of the Bruton Parish Church decided to have the church revived that things began to change. What started out as a project to revive the church slowly escalated and become a project to revive the town.
By the third centennial celebrations came about in 1907, Rev Goodwin then realized that the entire town of Williamsburg, which was still caught in a time warp could be re-purposed to represent a historic slice of American identity. By preserving the architecture and allowing the history to remain, he made it into a tourist destination that survives, in fact thrives, till today. The attraction of over 4 million visitors a year is a significant feat. However, when he first started out, he did not have the necessary funds to make it happen. It would cost a significant sum to refurbish and revive the town's buildings and infrastructure. He began soliciting funds and came upon John D Rockefeller and his wife who agreed to finance the entire project.
Places to Eat Near Williamsburg Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Williamsburg, VA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Fat Canary on W Duke: This is an upscale restaurant that opens at 5pm for dinner and goes on till 10pm, daily. Reservations are encouraged on the weekends. There is ample street parking and they have a full bar, but no happy hour. Typically the check will range between $30 and $60 per person. Try the Carrot Cake trio for dessert.
- A Chefs Kitchen in Prince George St.: This is an upscale restaurant that teaches you how to prepare some of the meals yourself. The prices here are above $60 per person per meal and the bonus is that they teach you in addition to feeding you. It's an amazing concept where you eat what they prepare and come away with new ideas of whoa food should be and how it should be prepared. It's not just a meal, it's an event.
- Food For Thought on Richmond Rd.: This is a restaurant the serves typical American cuisine for under $30. They are open for lunch and dinner and have a full bar. The restaurant has free Wi-Fi and a full bar along with an atmosphere that is conducive for kids and large groups.
- Second Street American on 2nd St.: This is a gluten free friendly diner. So you can order almost anything on the menu with a gluten free option. The Crab Cake Sandwich that's gluten free is an amazing example of this concept. Try the Quail or the Shrimp and Grits.
- Doraldo Restaurant on Pocahontas Tri.: This place is open for lunch and dinner, daily. They are moderately priced and have a menu that's authentically Italian. They serve beer and wine and accept credit cards. Try the Veal Monte Carlo.
Places to Go in Williamsburg
Stepping out of your Williamsburg, VA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Williamsburg, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Williamsburg, VA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The City of Williamsburg is separated in two: one is present day Williamsburg and the other is Colonial Williamsburg. Colonial Williamsburg is a live and functioning museum depicting the way life was in the 19th century and gives a real insight into how the American history unfolded.
- Theme Parks: Along with other tourist attractions the Busch Gardens is located just outside town and comprises of water slides and water park themes that provides fun for the entire family. It is popular in the summer and closed between the end of Fall and late Spring.
- Shopping: With its huge tourist potential the area also has two malls to cater to the shopping needs of visitors. Market Square is the town's bazaar where shoppers find numerous artifacts relating to history as well as other items of need. The shopping district in Williamsburg is busy most times of the year.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Williamsburg area including Goucester Point, Poquoson and West Point.
Request a Quote