Wyoming MI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
We serve the entire Wyoming area including Grand Rapids, Walker, Kentwood, Jenison, Rockford, Allendale, Hudsonville, Comstock Park, Holland, Zeeland, Lansing, Norton Shores, Muskegon.
Almost Home offers many Wyoming MI corporate housing options. For those looking to possibly take up residence in this burgeoning part of Grand Rapids, Almost Home offers a little information about the area.
Wyoming is an economically diverse city with revenue derived from manufacturing, retail, education, health, transportation warehousing, industrial machinery and auto parts production. There has been a downturn in retail over the years as neighboring Grandville developed the Rivertown Crossings Mall. The development in Granville resulted in the exodus of commercial and retail shops to the Granville area, leaving Wyoming stripped of retail activity.
Stock your Wyoming MI furnished apartment with a wide variety of outerwear options. The climate in Wyoming, MI is warm in the summer, reaching a high of 83°F in July. Summer temperatures vary between 70 and 85, then taper off to a cooler 40 to 60 degrees in the fall. Winter runs between November and February with the highs barely in the 30s but the lows dipping as low as 16°F in January. Snowfall is heaviest in January, averaging 21 inches.
A Little History About Wyoming, MI
Wyoming began it's history as early as the 1830's. It was originally, together with neighboring Grandville, known as the Township of Byron. It began as a mill, drawing its power from Buck Creek. The growth of this city has been slow, even from its early history. In the wake of the recent retail exodus, the city has embarked on a number of initiatives to draw population and investments back to the city.
Places to Eat in Wyoming MI
Almost Home recommends the following dining establishments as options to our Wyoming MI corporate apartment residents:
- Monterey Grille on 44th St SW: If you like sports and food, then this is the place you want to visit. The homemade fries are famous here--warm, crunchy and delicious.
- Bangkok View on 28th St SW: If you are a Thai food fan or you just like Asian flavors in general, this place is worth checking out.
- Frankie V's on 28 St SW: The pizza, pasta lasagna, or the baked chicken, fettuccine or the chicken parmigiana are all delicious and authentically.
- Bombay Cuisine on Lake Dr SE: Modern Indian cuisine at its finest. The menu is carefully chosen, the spices are delicately chosen, and the ingredients are hand-picked. All this flavor within a decor that is as appealing as it is contemporary.
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches on 44th St: This is a good option when you need a meal to taste good and give you a boost at lunch time. The sandwiches are inspiring, made from fresh meats and veggies. There is a wide selection of cheeses and the breads are always fresh.
Things to do in Wyoming
Even Wyoming MI temporary housing residents will likely have time to investigate some of the entertainment haunts in or nearby Wyoming.
- Museums: The closest museum to Wyoming, MI is in Grand Rapids. It is the Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum on Pearl St. It is worth the drive up to spend the entire day going through some very interesting things about President Ford's time in office. From document's relevant to his presidency to photographs of an interesting time in our history, this is a museum that should not be missed.
- Performing Arts: A good place to catch a musical or a play, even a symphony, is at the DeVos Performance Hall on Monroe Ave. Shows here typically showcase Broadway hits and on occasion, seasonal specials.
- Shopping: There are a few places in town where you can get things you need. The Wyoming Village Shopping Center and Rogers Plaza Town Center. They are both on 28th St SW, a few doors away from each other.
- Golf: There are a few courses you might enjoy within a few minutes of downtown Wyoming. The first one is The Pines Golf Course on Byron Center Ave SW. There is also Le Kaufman Golf Course on Clyde Park Ave.
- Parks and Recreation: There are a number of parks managed by the City's Parks and Recreation department. Some of them include Lamar Park on Porter St and Frog Hollow on Metro Ct. For other parks Check out Wyoming Parks and Recreation.
Request a Quote