Lincoln Park IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
There are a number of high end retail stores here, even though there is high end retail section in downtown Chicago. The existence of some duplication is evidence of a high-disposable income market. Economic drivers in this area include the high-end real estate market as well as the branded retail market. There is one major university in the area, De Paul University, that is part of the Catholic Archdiocese.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lincoln Park, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lincoln Park Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lincoln Park and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lincoln Park, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Lincoln Park is a community on the outskirts of Northern Chicago. It’s only a few blocks north, traveling on Lake Shore Drive and is peppered with 10 million dollar homes in the few blocks that delineate the community. Lincoln Park is a residential neighborhood, catering to the downtown, upscale Chicago residential market.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lincoln Park, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Lincoln Park has weather influenced by Lake Michigan, with temperate summers and cool winters. Spring is fairly mild hovering between 50°F in March to 74° in May. Summers climb as high as 75° in July. Fall average 66° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 14° in January. Winter stretches from November to early February. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lincoln Park, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lincoln Park, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lincoln Park’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
When the European settlers arrived in the early 1800s what they found was forest, grass and quicksand. The land was opened up by the construction of a post by the US Army. Roads started to spring up, most notably the road that connected the town with other settlements in the north, as far up as Green Bay in Wisconsin. Appropriately the road was at the time called the Green Bay Trail.
Although this area is fairly close to what would eventually become Chicago in the south, it was still considered remote and the major facility that it offered for Chicago residents at the time was a small pox hospital and a cemetery. By the late 1830s, Chicago was incorporated and it extended to the southern limits of Lincoln Park. Even with Chicago neighboring it, property prices in the late 1800s to early 1900s were still muted.
Only when the Green Bay Road was further developed, easing its use for northbound travelers, did the are in Lincoln Park start to become attractive to settlers. The government also spurred settlement by offering land claims in the area. The community then expanded and was eventually incorporated as Lake View Township. It was then annexed by Chicago in 1889.
Places to Eat Near Lincoln Park Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lincoln Park, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Alinea on N Halsted St: Alinea is a posh restaurant which offers hearty American dining. It is pricey here and a dinner jacket is necessary for men. Try the Hot Potato and Black Truffle. They are open Wed-Sun and provide valet parking.
- Sapori Trattoria on N Halsted St: Sapori is a reasonably priced restaurant offering classic Italian food. They offer a romantic dining experience at affordable prices. A full bar, waiter service and outdoor seating is also avail here. They accept reservations and credit cards. Parking is convenient. Try their Bruschetta and Pana Cotta.
- Perennial Virant on N Lincoln Ave: Perennial is a luxurious restaurant which offers nouveau cuisine, specializing in brunch and dinner. They present an elegant and trendy atmosphere. This place is open seven days a week and accepts reservations. Free Wi-Fi, valet parking and outdoor seating is available along with a full bar. Try the Crispy Carnaroli Rice and Biscuit & Gravy.
- Athenian Room on W Webster Ave: Athenian Room is a moderately priced restaurant specializing in authentic Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. They offer outdoor seating, as well as take-out. Street parking is available. Try the Gyros Dinner and Chicken Calamata.
- Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern: Twin Anchors is an affordably priced restaurant excelling at barbecue. It is a good choice for families with kids or friend groups. There is even a full bar to go with the southern BBQ flavors. Valet parking is available. Reservations are, however, not accepted here. Try Prohibition Sauce and Chicken.
Things to do in Lincoln Park
Stepping out of your Lincoln Park, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lincoln Park, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lincoln Park, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Chicago History Museum located on N Clark St. offers a number of collections, interpretations, presentations, researches and publications on the rich cultural history of Chicago and Illinois. They organize different exhibitions, programs and tours. They are open seven days week. Small mementos can be purchased from the gift shop. Tickets are available at reasonable price.
- Park: Oz Park is located on N Burling St. This place offers a lot of amenities such as playground, tennis court, basketball fields and walking area. It is a favorite picnic spot for natives. This park has several beaches where people come often for evening strolls. Street parking is easily available here.
- Theater: Steppenwolf Theater Company is located N Halsted St. This place has a big auditorium and modern seating. They have good light and sound arrangements. This place organizes several musicals, concerts and plays throughout the year. Refreshments are also available but they are bit pricey. Street parking is easily available.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Lincoln Park area including Bucktown, Near North, Lake View, Avondale, Logan Square, Elmwood Park, Hermosa, and Humboldt Park.
Request a Quote