Nokomis FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Just 20 minutes south of Sarasota, between Osprey on the north and Venice to the south, Nokomis is home to beautiful Nokomis Beach and Casey Key. This highly sought after town is popular for a more laid back feeling.
Nokomis Corporate and Vacation Housing – First Time in the Area
If you are a newcomer to the life in Nokomis, Florida, we suggest you familiarize yourself with some of the local flavors. Below you will find some of the unique things about the city.
Most trees do not shed their leaves in the fall in this area. Temperatures are pretty consistent all year for high temperatures averages of 62 to 90 during the day. Lows in the winter can get to freezing on occasion but more often temperatures are milder.
Casey Key is 8 miles long and only 300 yards wide. It can be driven by vehicle but makes a great bike ride by starting at Nokomis Beach on Casey Key Road and there are many beautiful homes to view with occasional glimpses of the Gulf and private beaches. At the end of the Key is the Casey Key Fish House where you can stop at the tiki bar for a refreshment on the water’s edge or have lunch in the restaurant, also along the water. The original name of the Casey Key island was Clam Island, assumed to be attributed to the Seminole Indians who once lived there. On Florida maps, the island was shown as Chaise’s key. Then in 1856, a map called the area of Chaise’s Key, “Casey Key” after Capt. John C. Casey, who charted the region and was well respected by the Seminole Indians. The name stuck.
In the 1920s, during the Florida land boom, a real estate developer tried to change the island name to Treasure Island, spreading rumors that there was buried treasure on the north end in efforts to sell lots. Ironically today the land is some of the most valuable in all of Florida because of its natural beauty.
Places to Eat Near Nokomis Corporate Housing -
Nokomis has many fun places to dine and many with live music. Here a few to try with local flavor:
- Pops Sunset Grill has waterfront dining. There is live music most nights of the week in winter and even some dancing. Check out the large round tables in the garden palms with gas fires on blue marbles in the middle of the table. These are fun for small or large groups and you are sure to meet new friends. Hint: There is no wait for a table if you are willing to join a large shared table.
- Pelican Alley – a local hot spot on Friday night. The owners are also the band and play surprisingly great music from the 80s to current times. Enjoy the dance floor, the smiles and you can get a casual bite to eat and a beer.
- Nokomos Sunset Hut is a beautiful spot on the water to watch the sunset. Get there early because parking fills fast. They also often have live music.
Things to do in Nokomis
Stepping out of your Nokomis, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Nokomis, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Nokomis, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Drum Circle is on the beach every Wednesday and Saturday nights through sunset. People young and old come and dance or play with hoops in the circle while drums and tambourines join in a community of local beat until the sun sets. Many people just come to watch and enjoy the atmosphere. Bring food and drink and enjoy this friendly community. It’s a fun free activity. Afterwards, head over to Pops for a bite to eat with a delightful fire at your table.
- Hoop Class – This fun exercise class is on the beach every weekday morning. You’ll be amazed at the exercise that tones your core and is so much fun. Hoops are provided, so try your coordination and skill and laugh with this friendly group. Heather is a great teacher and you don’t have to have any previous experience to get started. Check out her Facebook page called Peace, Love, & Hoopiness.
Request a Quote