Oak Park IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Real estate in Oak Park is an important revenue source for the city. Home prices here have been escalating over the last few years and along with the rapid resale of houses it is also a boon for local contractors and the home improvement industry. Its housing and property design here are some of the best in the country, with homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright featuring prominently. It is one of the reasons that property values here are higher than average, besides the fact that it is near Chicago.
The retail sector is a major economic driver in this suburban community. Most dollars earned in Chicago or other nearby towns are spent locally, creating a vibrant retail sector offering both necessities and luxury items. The retail sector is composed of national chains housed in the local mall while many of the local providers are located in stores and shops downtown or in commercial areas.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Oak Park, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Oak Park Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Oak Park and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Oak Park, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Oak Park Village borders downtown Chicago on the West side of the city. It remains within Cook County and benefits from the activities of the metropolis providing housing, retail and commercial contingency to Chicago’s crowded land space. Its economic engine is fueled by the commuting public as well as secondary business that support the larger companies located in downtown Chicago. In addition to these B2B companies in Oak Park there are also a number of retail and local businesses that cater to the town’s residents.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Oak Park, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Oak Park experiences mild, seasonal weather influenced by its proximity to Lake Michigan. It's latitude and proximity to Canada contributes to tempering the warmth rising from the south. Summer temperatures stabilize between 78º and 81º during the summer months between June and August, with the warmest of the temperatures experienced in July. Highest rainfall occurs in August. Fall temperatures average highs of 63°, and winter gets as low as 14° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Oak Park, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Oak Park, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Oak Park’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The city owes its existence to Joseph Kettlestrings, who bought the land where Oak Ridge currently stands. His original purchase was for approximately 170 acres in early 1837. Almost a decade later, the Union railroad was completed and passed through Kettlestrings' property. The proximity of this parcel of land to booming Chicago and the railroad that ran though it were catalysts for growth and expansion. Numerous investments continuously poured in as settlers and developers alike built the town to take advantage of Chicago's growth.
The village was originally part of Chicago's Cicero section until 1902, when the village incorporated and voted to extricate itself from the city.
The prohibition of alcohol is part of Oak Park’s birth history. From its original founding and incorporation, no alcohol was permitted to be sold within the village. It was not until the late 20th century, in the 1970s when the law was relaxed and only hotels and restaurants were allowed to offer it for sale to their customers. This was further liberalized in 2002 allowing grocery stores to sell alcohol as well.
Places to Eat Near Oak Park Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Oak Park, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Pete's Red Hot's on Roosevelt Rd.: Pete's is a sandwich and hot dog place that has a popular following. Their wait times are fairly short and they provide meals for under ten bucks. They are open from 10 am to 10.30 pm daily. Try the gyro or the Rib Eye Steak Sandwich.
- New Rebozo on Madison St.: The New Rebozo is a Mexican restaurant located conveniently. They are open for dinner starting at 5pm and closing at 10pm daily except for Sundays when they are closed. They have a full bar and the margaritas here are popular. Try the Avocado Enchilada.
- Taste of Brasil Cafe on S Oak Park Ave.: They offer Brazilian cuisine and have a vegan friendly menu paralleling things like the Brazilian Meatloaf. Try the lentils soup that's on the vegan menu. The cafe is inexpensive and a meal could easily fall below ten dollars.
- Maya Del Sol on S Oak Park Ave.: Mays's is a Mexican gluten free restaurant that does a good job of getting the tastes right even without the gluten. Try the Arepa de Ropa Vieja. They open at 4 pm and close at 10 pm every day except Sunday when they are open in the morning at 9am .
- Cucino Paradiso on North Blvd.: This is an Italian restaurant that runs a catering service as well. They stick to strict tastes, reflecting Italian standards and ingredients that are imported. Try the Pistachio Chicken or the Bacon Wrapped Dates. The restaurant is open daily from 5pm to 9.30 pm.
Things to Do in Oak Park, IL
Stepping out of your Oak Park, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Oak Park, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Oak Park, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Oak Park Festival Theater in downtown Oak Park hosts a vibrant list of events though the year alternating between the Oak Park Symphony and other plays and performances. It is a fairly modern theater featuring classic styles and modern acoustics.
- Library: Oak Park has a prominent library, the Oak Park Public Library, that is open to visitors daily. It is located on Lake Street, but also has two branches, on eon Dole and the other on Maze St. In addition to comfortable reading areas, and a well stocked reference section, the library also holds numerous literary functions throughout the year.
- Parks: Park District comes under the Recreation Department and offers a vast number of recreation activities for residents and visitors. There are thirteen parks across Oak Park totaling more than 80 acres of natural and crafted areas. There are pools and areas for dog owners to run their dogs off the leash.
- Architecture: Most of the residential areas of Oak Park have a significant upside over most of the other neighborhoods surrounding Chicago and that adds to the real estate value here. It is the architectural work of Frank Lloyd Wright who spent 20 years at the beginning of his career here. Architecture in Oak Park is one of extreme pride for the residents and touring the well manicured neighborhoods of Oak Park is a great way to appreciate architecture.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Oak Park area including Berwyn, Cicero, Bellwood, Melrose Park, Elmhurst, Elmwood Park, and Westchester.
Request a Quote